Time to play; "Help with 1st Stage identification!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy B

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was going through the closet and came across some first stages, I cannot ID. Looking fro some insight from the community.

First Unknown (Pictures 1-4):

1st stage has 1HP, 3LP. Has a stamp on one side: N 36 and the other side: B62787. Yoke knob is stamped: Made in USA (a rarity!)

Second unknown (Pictures 11-14):

1st stage has 2 HP, 4 LP. Swivel lower for 4 LP. Cap on HP side has two opposing dimples for breakdown tool for service access. No stampings at all.

All help is appreciated greatly.

Randy B

Attachments

• 1st Stage 1.jpg
    1st Stage 1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 1st stage 2.jpg
    1st stage 2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 1st stage 3.jpg
    1st stage 3.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 1st stage 4.jpg
    1st stage 4.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 1st stage 11.jpg
    1st stage 11.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1st stage 12.jpg
    1st stage 12.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 1st stage 13.jpg
    1st stage 13.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 1st stage 14.jpg
    1st stage 14.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 48
My WAG is a Voit (MR 12) for unknown #1 and a MK 5 clone (not original SP) for #2....possibly a Tekna.

I would bet Nemrod has one of each and probably Greg Barlow too. This might be a good question for the folks in the Vintage section.

First is a Voit SwimMaster MR-12 circa 1973.

Second could be any of many, ScubaPro, Oceanic, Tekna etc. I'd bet, based on the yoke screw: Tekna.

I'll second the Mk 5 clone is a Tekna based on the yoke screw, the plastic saddle, and what appears to be a curved seat retainer. It's not a straight up clone as it takes thicjer seats than the original SP and the Oceanic clone.

The caution here is that the Mk 5 was probbaly the most cloned first stage in history and lots of companies sold licenced copies or reverse engineered knock offs.

Back
Top Bottom