Time Shares Scuba Vacations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubyDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im sure there are lots of people who own time shares who are scuba divers. I own 2 weeks of red time with RCI which means I can basically go anywhere in the world any time I want. My ownership is Gold Crown which means I can exchange for the best resorts around the world. I guess this question is basically for Natasha, but here goes....

Is it possible to plan a scuba vacation through a time share......and at the same time through some of the planned scuba trips? Its really too late to plan for any trips this summer.....Im thinking about Summer 2003...

For example...I can get a 2br condo on Bonaire no problem, but can I combine that with a dive package outside of the resort Im staying at???

Two years ago, I traded my 2 BR for a 3BR in Grand Cayman. I looked for a good week-long dive package, and came up with Red Sail (I know now that there are better operations in the Caymans). Last year I traded for a time-share in Ft Lauderdale. I went with the "on-site" operator, but he turned out to be a middleman for "South Florida Diving Headquarters," so going with the resort's "dive operator" can be misleading. In May I'll be back in south Florida for a week in Key Largo and a week in Pompano Beach. Once again, I'll look for the best boat and deal I can get for each week regardless of which operator is associated with my resort.

ScubyDoo:
Yes, you can buy just a dive package in Bonaire. We use www.toucandiving.com
When we are there.
You can write to Steve and tell him I sent you.
steve@toucandiving.com
PS I don't think it's too late for this summer. Only the air might be hard to get. Check Air Jamaica
Good luck!

Yes you can book a package with a dive operator to use while you are staying at a timeshare.

I'm currently working at a dive shop here on Grand Cayman that is located at a timeshare resort. Every week the resort has customers that have traded to get a week here. Some book dive packages with our operation, and some book with other operators on the island.

Come to Grand Cayman, and dive the East End.

Yep for sure you can in Cayman. You can use any company you want, doesn't have to be the one at the Resort. Many have weekly deals too and do pick ups. AVOID the big cattle companies like RED SAIL, many good ones are there, small and flexible. There is also some great shore diving. Here are some links that might help.

Timeshares In Grand Cayman

Shore Dives In Grand Cayman

We own high time in Lake Tahoe 2BR/2BA w/lockout feature. We've traveled to the Caribbean and many times to Florida. We're going back to the Caribbean later this year.

We always check out local dive shops -- and often get hooked up with excellent referrals from people on this board for dive ops they've used.

We'll be in Miami Beach tomorrow til Wednesday -- yes, a quickie -- (at a timeshare) and got two referrals for local shops that ARE NOT cattle boats. That's the type of valuable info you can get from fellow divers.

And a great way to have "free" accommodations and only have to budget for diving and hotel (plus your own food).

Margaret

I have a friend who owns timeshare. She will let me use it anytime I want. She let 2001 go by & never used it once. I'm not sure why she bought 4 weeks, but am happy to help her out :)
My problem with it is everytime I've tried to use it, there is nothing available & I end up having to get a hotel. She has exchange privleges & we tried to trade 1 week in Puerto Vallart f/ a week in Aruba in mid August. We were told you have to do this 6 months in advance. Is it possible to trade directly w/ other 'owners' rather than going through corporate channels?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom