Time Lapse video that I made last summer of my "Commute" to Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AWMIII

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I made this video one morning on a whim. I was staying at Oasis del Caribe in Boca del Rio neighborhood on Ambergris Caye. It is a little further north than the Blue Tang which is mentioned her a lot, but still below the bridge. It gives a feel for San Pedro at 8am during the summer. I always like to get to the shop early, let them know that I am diving that day, then go to a deli or a café to get a light breakfast.

The video is best if you download it from my drop box and watch it on your computer. Choose the 3 dots down by the progress line and choose download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/osvm8uy61f7rsst/Driving to Island Divers.avi?dl=0

I thought it might be fun for people to see the town, albeit at speed :).

Hmmm. Windows only? I can't get it to play on my iMac, even after signing up for Drop Box. I've tried to watch it both after downloading the file onto my computer and after that didn't work then straight from the drop box website. Apparently, I can't get to an .avi file from here.

Will give it a go at work on my PC. Looking forward to it. I'm always interested in top side photos and video.

I downloaded and tried VLC, which plays any video files, and got an error about the coding "No suitable decoder module:VLC does not support the audio or video format "CFHD". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this."

It runs on my windows media player. I'll try to convert it to mp4

The link doesn't exist in Dropbox. Bummer. Wanted to see this

Back
Top Bottom