Time for a new wetsuit, any recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need a new wetsuit mostly for cenote dives in Mexico and occasionally up here for river dives, around the 68 to 75 degree temperature range, my O'Neill 6/3 isn't cutting it anymore. I'm have been looking at the https://scubapro.johnsonoutdoors.com/dive-wear/wetsuits/everflex-steamer-75mm-men and the 7MM Reactive Men's Omnired Wetsuit | BARE Sports My LDS carries Bare, Scuba Pro, Henderson, Mares, Pinnacle and a couple others. I'm thinking that a semi dry would be over kill. Any other recommendations?

I've been happy with my Henderson Thermaxx 7mm so far; I mostly dive locally in the 53-68F range. It was cheaper than the Aquaflex I was originally considering, which wasn't that important to me but was a nice bonus. It's also really stretchy and easy to don and doff while still being warm, which is important to me. Their sizing is a little weird; I'm a 12 in every other brand, but the Henderson 12 was way too big around the middle. Luckily they had a 10 Tall that fits just right.

I have a Deep Six 3mm and it is warmer than any 3mm I have ever dove. I did cenotes in it and was fine where I had dove a full 3mm and 3mm shorty Layered on top and was cold.

They are definately not your typical wetsuit. I'm very happy with mine.

Jay

I haven't tried the Deep Six suits and I'm not sure how much difference exists between Bare's lines for men and women, but I love my Bare Evoke 7mm. Easy to put on, comfortable, fits well and they have a ton of sizing options, and it keeps me warm in 48-55F water.

Another vote for Bare. I have the women's Evoke. I know a lot of guys locally with the Bare Reactive, who love it.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely check them out.

I dive in a Seac Komoda 7mm, yamamoto neoprene with wrist and ankle zips. Felt comfortable all the down to 53 degrees last weekend. Easy to don and doff. You can find it for a great price here, Seac Komoda 7mm Woman, DIVING WETSUITS 7mm
I bought two Seac wetsuits for my boys from this website at an amazing discount.

@Ontwreckdiver If you have any questions about our suit (the Deep6), please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom