Tilos??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
O.K, for those that may be following my threads, I have been invited by my LDS to learn reg repair as well as the workings of the trade. I was in the shop one day working on a Poseiden when the rep from TILOS came in. He showed us his latest wares, most of which was impressive. (stay tuned for their new wetsuits and unbelievable kneepad technology, PM me for further info)

So, the rep shows me the newest mask which in my opinion, is the equivelant of a bay window! I tried it today in a local lake, while towing the flag for a class.....

OH, My God!! What a view!!

O.K. Maybe I shouldnt get so excited over a mask but, its just unbelievable. It is literally SO big, that it barely seals on my face! (and im a big guy, facially speaking -that is....Not the other manly way)

I will try to help where I can(PM me if needed) but, I have seen that TILOS has committed some serious R&D time/Money to becoming a leader in the Scuba Diving Field. May be something to watch..............

I have a Tilos SuperStretch 7mil that I like a lot. I've not tried their masks and such but I'd give them a try if they are as good as my suit.

Joe

I have a 2-piece 3mm of theirs. It's OK, but the measurements are kind of funky compared to sare a Mares. Not bad though.

I used to dive the Tilos Panaramic with purge. I loved it, until I tried a SeaVision. I realized that nose purges are useless, and the SeaVision is much lighter. Tilos' skirts are a bit thick, making cold water dives a bit leaky on my face. Again, the SV skirt is much thinner and seals better.

This is not a Tilos bash though, because their stuff is much better than others I've used. My Tilos gear is a couple of years old now, so the new stuff is probably improved also.

What's the volume on the Mask? Did they keep it low?

I've used Tilos gear for about a year- two wetsuits (3mm and 7mm), hooded vest, gloves, booties- and have been quite happy with the quality (and the price was great).

Doc

I have the tilos titanica mask, this is the only xtra large mask that fits my face, all other brands leaked a litle. The fit of the mask is perfect. No leaks at all. Very Happy.

I have a Tilos mask, snorkel and 605mm wetsuit. I have been very pleased with the performance and quality of the gear. I would not hesitate to recommend Tilos to anyone.

I own a Tilos mask, 7mm wet suit & hooded vest, all of which have done their jobs just fine.
Just one issue. One of the little clips that the mask strap feeds through on each side of the mask broke. I went to the LDS where I bought it and he said that Tilos does not make replacement parts for this mask, that it is considered a "throw away". A $70.00 throw away mask??? (mikswi, would you ask your rep if this is true and let me know?)
For this reason, I would not buy another one from Tilos.
BTW, we found a part from another broken Tilos mask that solved my problem.

Thanks for the Tilos wetsuit tips, all.

I think I'll grab that 7-6-5 hooded, Superstretch Glideskin black
one they're selling ($268) . I'm curious to see how it works in the low 50 degree F water off Channel Islands (especially in the 5mm crotch area ... might be deep blue balls time.

Back
Top Bottom