Tilos excel mask info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I recently order two masks to try, the Tilos Excel frameless mask (paid 39.95) and the Promate Raven frameless mask (paid 28.95). They are identical in every way, except the Tilos is branded on the upper mask skirt and comes in a hard shell mask case, the Promate Raven is just in a disposable plastic bag. Something to consider...

The Tios/Promate is a nice mask, but a bit too wide for my face. Great range of vision, better than my old Mares X-Vision. I like my X-Vision, except the plastic ridge in the middle that separates the two windows is so close to my forehead that it puts pressure on the spot between my eyebrows, which can get a little painful after a couple dives.

Looks like I may just get another Sherwood Mako since it fits so well. Even though the range of vision is less than the other masks mentioned here, it has worked fine for the past couple years. Finally got a little tear in the skirt, so I started looking at the current options. I might still try the Atomic frameless medium and see if it fits.

It appears that the Sherwood Rona, 2009 Tester's Choice at ScubaDiving.com, is also the same mask but with an upgraded buckle system and the addition of a clear version. So FYI - for $25 bucks, sacrificing buckles and a case, you can have arguably the 2nd best frameless on the market behind the Atomic. Plenty of room then to splurge on the tupperware case :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom