Tiller mooring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grf88

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Can anybody tell me if the Tiller mooring is still in place.

I appreciate that this is about two months too late, but yes, it is! The SOS marker is off, but Eric left a large sorb jug on the line. We were out there a couple of times late in November and early December. The weather was horrible but we had top to bottom vis... If you look carefully, you can make out my boat upper left... I figure it's about 160' - 180' away from me! (Apologies for the resolution... it's a SB thing)

Tiller vis solo © DSC_2694.jpg

Last edited:
That's badass!

wow stoo you take the best pics .....

My friend Jesse made this little clip of us heading out on our last trip 10 days ago. The waves were 3' - 4' heading out and continued to build. You can see the jug as we approach. I was the only one who ended up diving (which is why you don't see anyone in the shot above). By the time we came back in, we were running in solid 5-footers with the occasional larger set. Unfortunately, the battery in the GoPro died before we came back in, because it would have been fun footage. We were running with the seas off our starboard quarter which is ideal to make good time in a heavy RHIB. It was a tad wet, but good fun!

Back
Top Bottom