Tight neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife bought me a new NeoSport Men's 5mm fullsuit for Christmas and it fits great everywhere but the neck. Even with the velcro unfastened it is a bit too tight. It presses against my Adam's Apple and chokes me. It isn't so tight as to shut off circulation but it is uncomfortable. What can be done about it? I really like the suit otherwise.

put scuba tank in it and fasten it, it will stretch.

Bye the way it is not christmas day yet.

Yeah, I know, but she decided to give it to me early.

Okay, as per the advice given me by some kind people here on the board, I stuffed a 3-liter bottle of hot water into the neck and left it there until it cooled. I then slipped the neck over an AL80 and let it sit overnight. When I tried the suit on, the neck fit better. The rest will probably work itself out as I use the suit.

Leave it on for a long time I have my hood on a tank still as I lost enough weight it was fine for my last couples of dives this week, but I want it to stretched for good, I feel a good few weeks or even a month.

Neck, wrist and leg openings will stretch over time. If you desire openings to stretch out a bit sooner, a 16-20oz soda bottle works well for the wrist and ankle. As for the neck, the above advice works also! It is always better to allow for stretch in different peoples necks rather than have the opening be too loose and let cold water flush in.

Neck, wrist and leg openings will stretch over time. If you desire openings to stretch out a bit sooner, a 16-20oz soda bottle works well for the wrist and ankle. As for the neck, the above advice works also! It is always better to allow for stretch in different peoples necks rather than have the opening be too loose and let cold water flush in.

Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom