Tiger Beach trip, opinions and experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm just starting to look at the options for tiger beach for my wife and myself, it seems like there are quite a few different operators offering diving and I'm trying to get an idea of the experience, what to expect, what not to expect, any tips anyone has or opinions. How long are the dives, how many dives do you do, how much of a 'sure thing' are the sharks, etc...

I charter the Dolphin Dream boat each year. They have been doing Tiger Beach for many years. This is a 10 guest live aboard boat. It is all shark diving. First we get the caribbean reef sharks and lemons, then after the 3 dive or so the tigers come in. We had 5 on one dive last year. We also move from sand bottom to a small reef for nice shots of sharks with some reef growth. We have also had hammerheads. We have never not had tiger sharks during the 5 days of diving. Guests can dive as much as they safely can handle. We moor on a sight and dive all day with some night dives. It is shallow so it is not uncommon to get 6 dives a day if you want.

The live aboard boats book up fast, there are also land based day trips to Tiger Beach from the Bahamas.

My charter for 2015 is sold out but I have 3 spaces left in March 2016
I am doing a land based Hammerhead and bull shark trip to Bimini this January 2015.
Gregory Sweeney Photography and Photography Tours

Can't go wrong on the Dolphin Dream, easy diving, great safety record, laid-back but on the ball skipper. I did it in 2011, and book clients on her regularly, and have only had happy happy clients.
Bahamas liveaboards - Indigo Safaris

I also have two spots left on a Tiger and Lemon sharks off Tiger beach, Great Hammerhead and Bull sharks off Bimini, Caribbean Reef sharks from Nassau, and humpback whales (snorkelling/freediving from Salt Cay Turks and Caicos from January 27 to February 7th Caribbean Shark and Whale Safari 2015 - Indigo Safaris

I have been following Epic Diving on Facebook for a while, and finally decided to do the trip. I had an amazing time! We saw at least 5 tiger sharks a day, up to 13 one of those days! Also saw between 20-30 Caribbean reef and lemon sharks a day! The staff is amazing, very accommodating. I felt safe the entire time. It is not a live aboard but the hotel/marina is beautiful. The boat is just a few steps away, very convenient! This is an experience not to be missed! You will have a wonderful time. Here is the information on the tiger shark diving.

And we will start this year taking overflow from Dolphin Dream. I can't wait.

Anyone know of any trip this late feb/early march?

I'm goig back Decmeber 27 to Jan 3rd for Tiger and Great hammerhead trip - 5 spaces left at time of writing

A heads up for anyone planning for Tiger Beach in the winter. The Bahamas government is getting tight with foreign charter liveaboard permits for US flagged boats. For some it is business as usual, for others it may not be as easy. Some boats already have their permits, there is talk of other boats not getting one. Call your charter operator and ask if they expect to have a charter boat permit.

That is all.

I have been following Epic Diving on Facebook for a while, and finally decided to do the trip. I had an amazing time! We saw at least 5 tiger sharks a day, up to 13 one of those days! Also saw between 20-30 Caribbean reef and lemon sharks a day! The staff is amazing, very accommodating. I felt safe the entire time. It is not a live aboard but the hotel/marina is beautiful. The boat is just a few steps away, very convenient! This is an experience not to be missed! You will have a wonderful time. Here is the information on the tiger shark diving.

Did you day trips out of Grand Bahama?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom