Tide Rock (Big Sur) Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemikethepike

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to editing the video from Tide Rock. This video was taken using ambient lighting:
[video=youtube;RyVlYwkfphE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyVlYwkfphE&hd=1[/video]

Very nice video. I was there the day before on the Conception. Unfortunately we didn't get to dive very long because of an emergency recall. What little I saw was beautiful and judging from your video there was a lot more to see. Thanks for sharing it.

One of the pinnacles actually breaks the surface, which I breifly visited, but this video is all on the completely submerged pinnacle.

What other sites did you get to dive on the three day trip. Was the swell very bad? We had a pretty bumpy ride up the coast on May 31.

What other sites did you get to dive on the three day trip. Was the swell very bad? We had a pretty bumpy ride up the coast on May 31.

Day 1 (June 1, 2012):
1. Tide Rock
2. Prewitt Ledges
3. Jade Cove
Day 2 (June 2, 2012):
4. Peiffer 5
5. Proposal Point
Day 3 (June 3, 2012):
6. Amberian Peaks
7. Outside of Plaskett Rock
8. San Martin Rocks

Conditions were fairly bumpy, but manageable. The swim step got moving pretty good, but as long as you timed your exit, it was manageable. Things got bad in the afternoon June 2nd, so we used the time to go checkout McWay Falls. It was a very nice trip. I will be going again.

Our dives were at Tide Rock, Prewitt Ledges and next to Plaskett Rock. When you dove Jade Cove did you find any Jade? That trip was really amazing. I can't wait to go again.
Here are some of my photos from the trip: Big Sur

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom