Thursday's (Sep. 23) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
27.gif

Today's dive was in the Ahihi-Kinau Reserve just south of Ahihi Bay.
The depth ranged from 20 to 35 feet.
For a change of pace the 4 photos are of the coral formations in that area.
All the photos were taken at F5.0, 1/80, Manual White Balance and an Inon Wide Angle Lens.

VIEW PHOTOS

yes, you are the master of manual white balance.
Great shots.

Very cool formations...sort of reminds me of the Flower Gardens.

Very nice...very different also a bit of a change from the fish. thanks

Very nice, Jim. So crisp. It did lack one or two of your surface shots though:wink: (I enjoy them also)

Jim, very nice!! Are you using any Photoshop color enhancement techniques on these or is it exclusively manual white balance that is getting the reds back into the shots?

Thanks
Nick

calypsonick:
Jim, very nice!! Are you using any Photoshop color enhancement techniques on these or is it exclusively manual white balance that is getting the reds back into the shots?

Thanks
Nick

I usually only use "Auto Levels" and get these results with the Manual WB. Sometimes I also adjust brightness and/or contrast.
Now and then I also use Helicon Noise Filter. Those are usually the more distant shots that have more "noise" in them.
BTW, I had to use PS "Auto Levels" on the comparison shot I took with a filter and Manual WB. The comparison is HERE
Before I used Manual WB I had to use the "mandrake process" on the no-strobe shots and the results were not as good as those taken with Manual WB.

Interesting. The reds and blues seem slightly richer with the filter, but I'm not sure that isn't correctable with a tweak in PS. I think I'll try both and see what the result is in california waters. My shots seem to lean toward the green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom