Thursday night dive 7/31 at Vets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't tonite, but my work schedule changed and I get every other Friday off. Starting next week, so I'd be down for a thursday night dive.

Great dive again. 1-2ft surf, easy entry and exist. Gerry and I saw a 4ft+ angel shark at around 20ft of water. that's an amazing find and wish you could see it. Gerry will check his digital cam and see if any of the photos come out in focused. will post them tomorrow.

Steve

Here is Gerry's dive report....

Steve drove up from OC to dive Vets again with me tonight. Saw the
usual suspects and a 3 foot Angel Shark. Steve seemed very excited
about it. It's only my second night dive so I don't know how rare of an
occurrence that was. Seemed quite rare. Took a picture of it but as
usual, the battery on my old cam was low and could hardly focus. The
last three pictures are supposed to be the Angel Shark. You could
barely make out an eye.

Kodakgallery.com Sign in to Kodakgallery.com

This was the condition Tuesday 7/31

Start time: 8:45pm
Bottom time: 66 minutes
Max Depth: 76ft
Temp: 60F
Viz: 10ft
Surge: < 1 ft
Surf:2-3ft

Gerry

Nice pictures! Good to see you guys are having some good night dives at Vet's.

Here is a picture I took a couple years ago.

Angelshark.jpg

Nice pictures! Good to see you guys are having some good night dives at Vet's.Here is a picture I took a couple years ago.

Nice photo of that angel. Do you have a "bigger" version of this shot? I saw 2 angels within a month and that's unbelievable to me. I checked out ladiving.org and I believed I have identified the nudi. I think it is called triopha maculata. Am I right?

The 3rd oct was only 2-3in long. I found a tiny nudi but the digcam couldn't focus right and it was about 10-15mm long. It was attached to one of the branches. Gerry told the shot but out of focus. Oh well, there is always the next dive.....

Attachments

• nud1_triopha_maculata.jpg
    nud1_triopha_maculata.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 30
Let me try this.

PICT0061JPGed.jpg

It came out a little blurry, but bigger:wink:

They are always a rare treat when seen. Wow, 2 in the last month!
Yes, The nudi is a triopha maculata. The picture is a good one!

Rick

Let me try this.
It came out a little blurry, but bigger:wink: They are always a rare treat when seen. Wow, 2 in the last month! Yes, The nudi is a triopha maculata. The picture is a good one!
Rick

Yes, you did it. I'm getting old and need a bigger pics. Yep, it was a rare treat for me to see two within a couple of weeks apart. The one I saw last night was darker with dark "rings". Your looks a lot "lighter". Did you see this at night or a day dive?

Do you recommend diving PV this Sunday with the condition it is in right now? I have dove in rocky entry before (in the Red Sea) but there were no surf to speak of. I heard it is a tricky place to get in and out and not recommended for 3+ surf.

Back
Top Bottom