Thunderball

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkTini

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Anyone know anyone who worked on the film? I write articles on the Bond movies, would love to interview anyone who might have been a diver on the film. Cheers! Mark

I think stuart cove was in some of the diving scenes

I know more about the Buehler Turbocraft used in the movie. For what little it was in the movie I believe there were 2 different boats used. One was being restored in Oklahoma and another that was used as a camera boat is up in Minnesota(?)

I stayed at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club in the Exuma Cays a few years ago. It is located right next to "Thunderball Grotto" which is where a scene in Thunderball was filmed. The bar at the Yacht Club had all sorts of pictures on the wall of the actors and filming crew from back in the 1960's. I believe the filming crew for Thunderball stayed on Staniel Cay for some of the filming of the movie. You could try emailing Staniel Cay Yacht Club with your question. Just Google them and they have a website with contact information. Good luck.

This is not helpful at all but back in the 1970s in the UK i had a school friend who had some scuba gear in his parents' garage.

As a teen, I thought the gear was super cool (no doubt it helped to plant the scuba seed in my mind). My friend claimed his dad got some surplus gear from the production of Thunderball. That's all i remember.

Even then, it seemed a bit far--fetched but who knows.... I would love to see that gear now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom