Thumb nubs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
for my reels..

Looking for someone to make this for me or point out where I purchased these.. 7 years ago.

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

Looks like a good candidate for 3D printing. I'd offer but you can probably find someone more local.

Or you could use any large bead. Or a nut. Or anything with a hole drilled in it.

Alternatively, tie a large loop with a small butterfly loop at the tip another halfway down one side. Use the small loop at the tip of the big loop for clipping the boltsnap, and the "halfway" loop to pull it off the spool with your fingers. Works just fine even with thick cold water gloves.

Like this picture from google, but I don't have the shrink tubing, just loops.
IMG_1370_shopify_1024x1024.jpg

I use a 1/2 oz lead egg weight. It stabilizes the line in high current. I often have to drill it out a bit.

I use a 1/2 oz lead egg weight. It stabilizes the line in high current. I often have to drill it out a bit.

Never thought of using a fishing weight. Will try on of those to see if I like that also. The setup I was using has always worked pretty good just purchased some new reels and needed more. Since I foolishly hand the other I had away.

Was it @Jim Lapenta ?

and it is called a Line Stop

Thanks Bob I know.. I just always get a laugh when I call them my little thumb nubs. (Fingers get to the point I cant feel them) Finally went to dry gloves this year so we shall see.

Can't you use a small brass or stainless fender washer instead?
I guess I could. The floating feature of the item I was using was a nice but then I wasn't in some heavy flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom