Three Nights to the Similan Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrozsits

Registered
Reaction score
Do any charters do 3 nights/4 days to the Similan Islands. 4 nights on a boat might be a little much for me.

I'm looking for a good boat, not a budget one.

Also, when you are at the Similan Islands can you get off the boat and hang out at the beaches?

thanks in advance

The diving trips to the Similans focus on diving. In between there is some time to go and visit one of the beaches, but not that much.

There are trips of 4 days/3 nights, but with a few exceptions these trips only offer diving at the Similans and sometimes Koh Bon, so you would miss out on Koh tachai and Richelieu Rock. The boats that go all the way to Richelieu Rock in the short time available will have to cover a lot of distance, so that makes the whole trip a lot less relaxed, and less a real liveaboard experience. Also, most of the shorter trips will also cater to daytrip guests, so it can get quite crowded during the day with divers.

If you would like to make a shorter trip than 4 nights, I would recommend this boat. But really I would recommend to make a trip of 4 nights: much more relaxing and excellent diving.

Back
Top Bottom