Thread display problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bleeb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Something change in the last couple of days?

I'm now unable to bring up complete sub-threads in either "Threaded" or "Hybrid" display mode. For any thread with "More replies below current depth", clicking on the "More replies" link brings up the entire thread again, but only up to the "More replies" level+1, rather than the entire sub-thread, like before.

I've tried deleting all SB entries from the browser cache and restarting the browser (Win98 + IE6 - Please no, flames. :D). Right now, the only way to see the new posts nested at deeper levels seems to be to use "Linear" display mode, but this loses some of the context of the conversation.

Could this problem be related to some of the recent upgrades?

Thanks.

Of course when I went to try and reproduce an example, it didn't reoccur. At first.

<http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/202586-commercial-diver-shortage.html> Commercial Diver Shortage?

The problem showed itself when tested on the first instance of "More replies below current depth" in reply to Divin'Hoosier's post "A diving carpenter?"

However, there was a gotcha. :doh:

It only happened if the User CP option "Thread Display Mode" was set to Hybrid. The thread could be properly expanded (test set of one, BTW) if the option was set to "Linear - Oldest First", then the thread displayed, then Hybrid mode selected using the "Display Modes" drop down, and finally "More replies below current depth" selected to expand the thread. (Didn't try the other User CP thread display options.)

A bit convoluted, but this seems an usable work-around if fixing this particular bug doesn't rank very high in the ScubaBoard scheme of things. (I even tested it on the protracted multi-level "Why NOT DIR?" thread.)

Back
Top Bottom