Thread banning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't get your foot caught :)
View attachment 624152
That's a beaut, Craig. Did you shoot that one, or google it.

On one of my first dives after becoming certified, I was on a dive in PNG and came across a diver sampling a piece of clam with his dive knife. I removed his dive knife from the clam and gave it back to my dive leader.

Some cultures will eat anything, including clam mantle.

That's a beaut, Craig. Did you shoot that one, or google it.

On one of my first dives after becoming certified, I was on a dive in PNG and came across a diver sampling a piece of clam with his dive knife. I removed his dive knife from the clam and gave it back to my dive leader.

Some cultures will eat anything, including clam mantle.
That one came of the internet, I was too lazy to go back to my Red Sea photos to find one. There were some real beauts on that trip :)

For them, yes. However, we try to keep interactions between us and them private so we don't embarrass them in public. Some people will still advertise they've been moderated and while we won't publicly defend our actions, you can be assured that there are two sides to every complaint.

Your privileges can be suspended from the whole forum, a sub-forum or a single thread. It depends on how egregious or focused the offenses are. There are a few things that will get your privileges pulled in a hurry: bigotry, threats and/or glorification of violence are high on the list.

Some can't admit they've crossed a line. It's hard for them to see fault in themselves, so they shift the blame to the 'system', moderators or even me rather than accepting any personal responsibility. We call them POV warriors or cyber-stalkers, and they often hijack threads to tell us how horrible this dive op or that manufacturer is to the point of even driving them away. It's not fair to their victim or the rest of us. Sometimes they just can't help but tell us how bad ScubaBoard is, yet here they are! It almost always takes multiple occurrences and warnings for us to remove privileges, so you can be sure it's not capricious. We hardly ever vet for facts but rather try to keep this a friendly place where interaction is based on mutual respect. While we really appreciate and encourage spirited debates or discussions, this is certainly not the place to pursue vendettas ad nausea in order to hurt someone's business. There's rec.scuba for that.
Right wing opinions are a quick way.

Unfortunately, there are a handful of posting members who are a "handful" and keep the mods on alert and busy. For some reason, these "awkward" times seem to come in waves.

Sometimes it's simply sheer boredom with the outside world, nothing more. And SB isn't the only forum on the internet to keep busy with.

Right wing opinions are a quick way.
No. Political opinions are not a reason for being moderated. Unless they're voiced outside the Pub, which is the only forum allowing politics. The rest of SB is a politics-free zone.

Hate speech, bigotry, glorifying violence and other ToS violations are reasons for being moderated.

Hate speech, bigotry, glorifying violence and other ToS violations are reasons for being moderated.
Indeed. Just because you hate a candidate or party, doesn't give you permission to wish ill on them.

Don't get your foot caught :)
upload_2020-11-14_10-45-58-png.624152.png
I've even seen one of those. I didn't know its name.

Unfortunately, there are a handful of posting members who are a "handful" and keep the mods on alert and busy.
I just try to keep the mods lives interesting. Don’t I get any thanks? :wink::poke::bounce:

I've even seen one of those. I didn't know its name.
For a critter that doesn't move much, I find that a giant clam garden is one of the the most exciting finds while diving.

Back
Top Bottom