Thoughts? - Wicked Diving - 5 Day Similan Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynecj

Registered
Reaction score
wickeddiving.com/5-day-similan-island-liveaboard

I'm too new to post links... you'll have to copy/paste the above web address, sorry.
5 Day Similan Islands Liveaboard

Their focus on ecological sustanability sounds wonderful as does their philosophies experssed on their web site. I do need to balance everything though, with fancicial considerations and quality of dive operations compared to other budget liveaboards.

If you have opinions, I'd really appreciate your thoughts. Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post a reply.

Thanks!!!

Wayne

Hey...I work at Wicked Diving...so gotta take my feedback with a grain of salt :)

We do offer a great trip - and our emphasis is NOT on hardcore diving. We actually offer less dives per day and more time on beaches than most other operators in this area. In addition - this trip is done on a handbuilt wooden sailing schooner with only 12 guests.
Should you be looking for more dives per day, or looking for a trip that costs less - there are a a great many operators that offer 4d/4n trips (dozens of them actually). One that really offers something different - Oktavia...they also focus on responsible tourism and safety.

Should you have any further questions - feel free to contact us further! (or talk to Karin at Oktavia!)

Wayne,

I did a 3day/2night Similan Islands liveaboard trip with Wicked Divers a few weeks ago. Had a great time and did some wonderful diving. The DMs were friendly and safety-oriented. The food and companionship was great. The boat itself (MV Paranee) was clean, but it is not a luxury ship. Overall, Wicked Divers is a great dive operation.

Have a great trip!

After diving a number of the "major" Phuket sites, I am heading to the Similans. I looked a myriad liveaboards and noted there were many great ones to choose from; but after a lot of research, I think I will opt for day diving or single overnight trips out of Khao Lak. I like "resort life" and easy Internet access everyday (personal and business), so the romantic notion of a many nights on a bunk in a liveaboard is not practical for me.

Wicked Divers looks great, as does Oktavia and Queen Scuba (and many others); but I think the best of both worlds, for me personally, is a heavenly king size bed in a Khao Lak resort and nice day trip boats from there; or many a single overnighter if something is really far away.

Plus, I often prefer a full day surface interval after a busy day or two days of diving; good for body, soul, mind and more :D

@waynecj

Edit (added):

OBTW, yesterday out on one of the nice day boats out of Phuket, a very experienced, knowledgeable, independent instructor (who dives on many boats, not directly affiliated with any boat and does not own one) highly recommended Sea Bees. He said they were a bit more expensive than others, but he raved about their boat, crew and overall dive management. They have liveaboards and daytrips, so it might be worth looking into waynecj.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom