Thoughts on where to stay in St John?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxcleosam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This will be my "refresher" dive trip after the refresher course. We are planning on diving with Low Key Watersports. If anyone has any advice about where to stay- or where not to stay ~please advise~ I think the Westin and Caneel Bay are out of my $$ range!
:06:

maxcleosam:
This will be my "refresher" dive trip after the refresher course. We are planning on diving with Low Key Watersports. If anyone has any advice about where to stay- or where not to stay ~please advise~ I think the Westin and Caneel Bay are out of my $$ range!

How many are going? I went with a couple a few years back and we rented a villa, which was a great way to go. I don't remember seeing any other hotels than the ones you mentioned.
The Westin has a nice beach to hang out @ during the day and you don't have to be a guest to use it. Although I didn't do it, quite a few people told me that there were lobsters to be had @ night right near the bar @ the Westin (not sure how legal this is) and the bartender offered to cook them up for me if I shared.

maxcleosam:

There are some tent cottages in Maho Bay, I think that in 2006, they are closing down, their area is going to be reclaimed by St. John Nat'l park. The cost is excellent, but it's a bit rustic. I stayed there 23 years ago on my first dive trip and had an excellent time. The rates are $75.00 per nite after May1st, before that it's $115.

caymaniac:
There are some tent cottages in Maho Bay, I think that in 2006, they are closing down, their area is going to be reclaimed by St. John Nat'l park. The cost is excellent, but it's a bit rustic. I stayed there 23 years ago on my first dive trip and had an excellent time. The rates are $75.00 per nite after May1st, before that it's $115.

Thanks. Their website is great. I'm traveling with my hubby and 2 toddlers. This looks great to stay for a couple nites and then a hotel for a couple more. That would balance the budget :wink: (kids stay free)

There's not just Maho but also Concordia. Both have eco tents and cottages. Also the suggestion for the condo/house isn't a bad one although they can be pricy.

chris

I really like both Maho and Concordia.

Maho has more facilities right now, though they are building more at Concordia. We found two and adults and two kids, considerably larger than toddlers in the tent cottage at Maho to be very comfortable. The beach is right there with a good sports center featuring sailing, windsurfing, snorkeling and diving. Highly recommended.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom