Thoughts on Our World Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surface Interval

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am trying to find some opinions from people on Our World Underwater near Chicago, but only one post that I've found even mentions it-but no one is saying that it was great or that it was horrible, only that they were there.

It claims to be "the largest show in the Midwest."

Is that true? Does it get "packed out?"

We have only visited a few shows, the Texas Dive Show --to visit 3 years and to exhibit 1 time so far, and last year we visited DEMA and will be exhibiting in Vegas this year.

I'm curious to hear from attenders AND exhibitors.

Don't hold back!
Thanks,
tina

Tina, I consider it one of the big consumer shows, not for it's size, but for the quality of attendees. The Long Beach show and Beneath the Sea also fall in this category. SeaSpace in Houston was the other, and the best of the 4 in many ways, until it imploded amidst the carnage of the downfall of the scuba industry. I will only be showing at BTS and OWU this year, although I will be walking the floor at DEMA. You have to figure out who your target audience is. Are you marketing to divers or dive shops. Maybe it's both, as you hope divers will ask their shops to order your products. My target audience used to be dive shops, but lately, it's been far more oriented towards divers.

I would not count out California divers. They travel.

I can only speak for myself and a couple of friends, as consumers. Last year was the first time I went to the Rosemont show. It was packed with people and exhibitors, and we had a blast. The great thing was that I was able to get a lot of first hand info on dive sites around the world (of course, each one is the "best"). Also, I got to see and compare a lot of different products that my LDS may not carry (although they are the best stocked one I've seen). I ended up buying, or deciding to buy, two different items based on what I saw at the show. I don't think you can go wrong by being there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom