Thoughts on New Swift Transmitter and pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I been looking to purchase another Transmitter for a while now. I presently have 3 Oceanic versions that have been working perfectly (never more the 2) with my Perdix and Teric.

Now these units are $100 more then the Oceanic/Aqualung Transmitters, and the same price as the Garmin. This seems a high price, for question security.

Is there a reason to purchase one at this time, with all that Garmin has brought to the Table and rumors of a $500 unit, I am curious if Sheartwater and the rest of the DC manufactures will have to greatly update thier technology.

I have spoken with 2 Dive shops recently that sell both units, and they believe Garmin will dominate the market in 5 years of less if people do not play catch up quickly.

OR... is there a reason that I do not know of for using the present Tech in the Present Transmitters over the sonar in the Garmin's?

Just curious on second opinions.

I have no intentions of selling my Teric or Perdix at this time... Though Qi Charging on a third Gen Garmin could sway me.

Thanks All.

They're $50 more than the SW transmitters....

Where are you getting new transmitters for $300 each? Aqualung/oceanic are $400 each right now.

They're $50 more than the SW transmitters....

Where are you getting new transmitters for $300 each? Aqualung/oceanic are $400 each right now.

Look up PELAGIC Transmitter on Amazon, $299. They been $299 for at least 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom