Thoughts on ANDI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skiddy79

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently hold 12 certifications with PADI, IANTD NAUI and ANDI. My ANDI certifications include Complete SafeAIR User, Technical Divemaster and other associated certs. While getting a few tanks filled with Trimix at my local dive shop, the gas blender mentioned that my Level 3 Technical Rebreather Supervisor c-card did not have an associated diver number. After looking at the card, I realized the LDS was right. I contacted ANDI HQ and asked about this issue. This was Wednesday of this week. I called today to follow up and to my surprise when I was transferred the party identified themselves as Ed Betts from ANDI. We talked about diving for a few minutes and then he listened to my concerns about traveling outside of the US for a tec diving 40th birthday celebration. Mr. Betts immediately recognized my concerns and made sure I will receive the corrected card that I needed. Prior to this I had spoken with the founder of another very prevalent certification agency about concerns that I had with my instructor. This persons response was “I’m sorry but regardless of the training you have received or the dives you have logged, we will not be issuing you a c-card.” It may seem like trivial matter but when a diver completes training in good faith and spent thousands of dollars, to earn advanced certification, to expect the certifying agency to honor that time and money should not be a stretch. ANDI has demonstrated, at least in my experience, a commitment and true respect for the divers that they certify. Unfortunately this seems to be the exception instead of the rule.

This is "Q&A for Scuba Certification Agencies" section. Your post is neither question nor answer. ANDI issued incorrect C-card (without a number) and after you pointed out their mistake they promised to issue correct one. I think that your post is absolutely useless and does not add any value to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom