This woman lost her engagement ring in the ocean. A baby octopus helped get it back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool story, bro!

I bet that woman has a Qalo now :wink:.

Poetic, it brightens a dull day ! Thanks. :)

Great storey!

Wow, diving with an heirloom diamond ring ?

Glad it was found. Hope it gets taken better care of now.

I can believe that the octopus was intentionally leading them to the ring, especially if it was a popular dive spot. About 20 years ago my family and I were living in a pickup camper and a travel trailer while we were having our house built in the wilderness. One day I went into the camper to get something out of the freezer. Someone was scratching at the door. It had to be one of my dogs so I said "I'll be out in just a minute." I got my package and headed out the door. There was a bunch of birds (gnat-wrens, I think they were) making a big ruckus on the camper roof. I wondered what was up and then they all flew to a bush next to an above-ground pool I had set up nearby. They continued to flap their wings and made a lot of noise. I went to see what was going on and spotted a young bird in the pool, unable to get out. I placed my hand under the bird and it clung onto my index finger and did not want to let go. The other birds settled down and were completely quiet. Was all of this an amazing coincidence, or did the birds come and get me to save the drowning bird? I believe they came and got me. So, there I was, walking into my trailer with a bird on one hand and a package of frozen chicken in the other. Are octopi smarter than birds? Most likely.

Back
Top Bottom