this SAT, anyone up for it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my way out the door to Catalina. The skies are clouding up-- how do they know?

Theres a chance of rain tonight, but i was at the beach ( laguna on thursday and it was as flat as a bathtub, best surface conditions i seen for a while.

I will be diving, just looking to see if anyone wants to tag along. There are 3 of us going to laguna on sunday but they cant dive saturday, so im looking to dive SD or Laguna on Sat and Laguna Sunday.

let me know if anyone want to tag along.

Andy

I had an amazing time in Malibu this morning. 57 minutes in the water at 33 ft, 59°, 20 ft viz. A sea lion played with my yellow fins the whole time in the kelps. Didn't know it was possible to have such a good dive in this area. Highly unusual.

As to the weather forecast, well :)

I too had a great dive this morning in La Jolla.

Well we decided to go to SD and dive on this morning, the usual Marine room spot in La Jolla. Got up later than usual and figured we would be walking our gear a ways, not the case however. We arrived at 7am ( it was light at 6:20) and to my surprise we were the only divers at the marine room. I got the choice parking spot and shot a few pics. I was diving just to get aquainted to the new DUI clx450 and the new under garment I got from Softwear. The suit is very nice, it does take some time to lace up the rock boots but I am pleased to say that those suckers are great and perfect for shore diving in SO. Cal. I will get better the more i lace them up anyway.

I would say vis was 30' out to the canyon wall then dropped down to its usual 15' once in the canyon below 50'. I was able to get close enough to a halibut to actually lay my arm next to it, its body was 6" longer than my arm and then another 4-6 inches of tail. It was a pretty good sized one to say the least. Had myself or buddy had a camera you would be seeing a pic of it.

All in all it was like diving in a 55 degree F bathtub. The surf ( if you can call it that) was 1' or less. It was a bright sunny morning and i would guess about 60 ish degrees.

it was a good time

Andy

Andy, to some, the concept of a 55°F bathtub would be called an ice plunge!

Anyway, glad you had a good time, too. I wish I could go back today, but the wife sez "niet"!

I like the Rockboots, too, except for the piece of velcro that holds the laces. I hope DUI would come up with something that works better in the sand.

Back
Top Bottom