This place is soo dead - Does anyone really Kayak dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouth Breather

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There is some interest from new-to-diving kayakers (like myself) and new-to-kayaking divers but no active place to meet that I've found. Kayuba is rusting over on kayuba.org. Anyone here that is actively doing this?

Jim

Last edited:
Yep I dive Venice all the time. :D We have quite a few yak divers over here.

I was just at the Kayuba meeting tonight! We are only rusting over, as you say, because so many people moved away and new people aren't coming to meetings or dives.

I am currently kayakless but if you have a spare I'll dive with you!

Debby, sounds like a plan, I'll be in touch! I'll also be on the lookout for the kayuba meetings, and will send the folks that have pinged me about this there and to this forum.

Thank you!! We meet the first Monday each month at UnderSeas Sports dive shop in Fort Lauderdale. I'm sorry that I wasn't online earlier in order to invite you to last night's meeting.

Hmmm.. I have kayak to dive from.. maybe time to pump some interest in kayak diving again??

I think so! There are quite a few folks interested, including some friends of mine that are so far too chickensh*t to try it out. I want to do some shallow dives first to see if I have the anchor/tow thing down, maybe this coming weekend.

Dkramer, do you take the line/reel down with you or leave it on the yak? I keep thinking if you want 2-3x line as depth out, would be a pain to dole all that out while topside. And you'd be unable to descend further without going close to 90 degrees with the kayak/line.

I attach the flag to the yak, then take the line down with me.. it's like taking the flag, but with a really big float! LOL I do not use an anchor, though I have one..

i'd be interested... just got to figure out where to attach the flag :p

My flag has a small weight on the bottom.. I stick it in one of the scupper holes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom