This newbie from Canada needs advice about Mazatlan.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvngbuddy

Reaction score
:dance:
Hi all,

I'm new to this board and can't wait to hear from others. I'm from just outside of Ottawa Canada. I like to dive down south but have to make do mostly with diving in the St. Lawrence. It's colder (in the 70's) but there are some terrific wrecks so it's interesting anyway!

I just got into diving two years ago and love it. I have to admit I was real scared at first and this was a real challenge, but a healthy fear of drowning keeps me safe I think!

I need some advice...we've just booked a trip to Mazatlan in December...has anyone done any diving there (i read a couple of posts already)...even if we have to drive somewhere...what's the scoop? Also anyone know of any cheap flights to get there?

"Tanks" a lot!
dvgbuddy

welcome from another Canuck.:) I can't help you with Mazatlan, but other parts of Mexico I will do you fine.:D

Hi Rooster/ red wing fan (must be happy this year, eh!)

Ok, about Mazatlan and diving...i understand it's not that great. How about flights...how did you get there and where did you go?

:confused:

We're in a quandary with flights....seems really expensive to get there! any advice there?

:cheers:

Originally posted by dvngbuddy
Hi Rooster/ red wing fan (must be happy this year, eh!)

Ok, about Mazatlan and diving...i understand it's not that great. How about flights...how did you get there and where did you go?

:confused:

We're in a quandary with flights....seems really expensive to get there! any advice there?

:cheers:

as far as the land of the great Peso goes..I havent ever heard that Mazatlan was a good diving destination even though it is a good topside destination. I have gone to Mexico several times. I went to Acapulco a couple of times and Have gone to Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen the rest. If you really want diving at its best in Mexico then Cozumel is the way to go. As far as flights I live on a border town Windsor,Ontario-Detroit, Michigan so flying for me is usually pretty good cuz I get good direct flight and may I say inexpensive trips out of Detroit Metro Airport and it is only like 20 mins away from the bridge, so it works out good. You being in Quebec, I don't know what to tell you other then I have known of a lot of folks from Montreal that head down to Mexico. As far as price on flights for you, if your not far from the border to New york state, maybe you can try to fly out of New york State if it is not to far for you to travel to get there. I just know it is usually a lot cheaper to fly out of a U.S city then it is to fly out of Canadian City.
Oh yeah as far as the Wings, we been spoiled the last few years.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom