this is not good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I notice your user name and the name of the woman who had the accident. Are you related?

Yes, it might appear that this thread starter was of some relation.

Since we already have a duplicate thread as mentioned, note this, most recent post

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1375407&postcount=41

zf2nt

Status

Profile InfoJoin Date: Apr 2004
Logged Dives: 1000+
StatsPosts: 156
Quote:

Try this: Student was doing fin pivot with oral inflation. She removed reg, blew into BC, then froze. Instructor was holding onto her. Then student went into full panic and began ascent, with instructor holding onto her. On the way up, instructor tried to put octopus into her mouth, she waved it away frantically and in her thrashing about knocked off instructors mask AND regulator. Instructor let go to get his own regulator back. She swallowed a blast of water, passed out, and sank to the bottom...right next to the DM. DM carried her to shore. Total time on her dive computer: 4 minutes, including descent, check OK on the bottom, line up to do skills, etc.

You can believe this version, or not. I do. It was my DM's who cut off her wetsuit on the beach and gave her rescue breaths that day. This instructor and I were sharing the same float, and he was on his way out to do OW#3 just as I was bringing my class back from OW#3.

This thing has been blown WAY out of proportion...with far too many people speculating and blaming the instructor. He, being a personal injury attorney in real life, knows he can make no public statements. And he isn't. Meanwhile, the student is blaming everybody but herself. And not a word of thanks so far to the people who saved her hide.

from zf2nt

as quoted
-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom