Thinking of a new old stock Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Youngandfree

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I bought a BCD and regulator from a guy today. Aqualung titan reg set that happened to have a Mares Icon HD transmitter attached. The guy bought the Mares 4 years ago, 1 month before having a stroke. He forgot the transmitter was on the regs. He's offering me the new in box Icon HD for $300. I understand limitations of having sealed rechargable batteries, but doubt I'll be doing a week of diving on a boat where charging won't be easy to do.

My main question is should I grab the computer for that price, and is their any updates I can do to it since it was purchased 4 years ago. I'm brand new at diving, basically 1 month, and my dives so far have been shallow shore dives at Lauderdale by the Sea.

This seems like a smoking deal, and I'd like to buy once, cry once on a computer. At least foe a few years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom