Thinking it is time to go dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rudebob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well if the year-end bonus ends up being close to what I have estimated I am thinking of getting a drysuit within the next month or so (may be the last bonus I ever get depending on the outcome of this election :depressed:).

Obviously, I am going to need to find a good instructor but would also like to find a source for gear rentals that offers a variety of suit types and brands I can try for fit & function before I pull the trigger on my own gear. Any recommendations (preferably in the north/west valley would be appreciated).

Thanks,

mg

I'm actually taking the Dry Suit SSI course at Ultimate Dive and Travel on Dec. the 4th. I'm in the same boat as you are, it might be time to dry up. Diving year round comfortably sounds really nice. :)

Anywho, UDT has dry suit rentals they are letting us use for the course. I think there are a few different styles of DUI they are going to have us try. I'm not sure what else they have as far as rentals though. Here is their website: Ultimate Dive and Travel

It's probably a little bit of a drive for you (they are in Scottsdale) but might be worth it. Their staff is really good and a lot of fun.

Hi MG!

I have been diving a dry suit for years now and LOVE IT!

We are having a Great Special on Custom Dry Suits coming up in a few weeks! If you send me a PM with the sizing you will need, we could make arrangements for you to come in and use our pool and give it a try!

We sell USIA dry suits, they are the company that builds suits for the military. They really stand behind their products and make a fantastic dry suit!

When you purchase your dry suit from us, we'll arrange a dry suit class with your schedule and we'll get in the pool to show you how to properly use the suit as well as the safety needs and training required to use a dry suit!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

PM me and I'll give you the whole sad story, if you're interested. Next drysuit: maybe a DUI, maybe a Pinnacle trilam.

Anybody own the Pinnacle Evolution 2? I'm currently leaning that way, or trying to find a used DUI locally

They sure looked nice at DEMA, I've been thinking about going that route as well- nothing wrong with my BARE suit though, just looking for a few more bells and whistles. Check out the Santi suits, they look really good as well. Of course, DUI is always a good choice too!

They sure looked nice at DEMA, I've been thinking about going that route as well- nothing wrong with my BARE suit though, just looking for a few more bells and whistles. Check out the Santi suits, they look really good as well. Of course, DUI is always a good choice too!

Hey Kris,

Mark J from the Rescue class wants to know if and when you'll be offering a dry suit class. Frankly, I'd look silly diving in a Santa suit. BARE is what you do for your 100th dive. DUI (not supposed to drink and dive).

Steve.

For as nice as those Santi suits are, I'd put up with folks calling me silly!

As for a a drysuit class.... whenever he wants! I'll have Mindy shoot him an email to check his availability.

Anybody own the Pinnacle Evolution 2? I'm currently leaning that way, or trying to find a used DUI locally

I don't own a Pinnacle, but a good friend of mine does and that thing is rugged. He's put it through some tight spots and it's still holding up after several hundred dives. You can't go wrong with one of those. And my LDS currently has them on sale with free shipping - Pinnacle Evo 2.

I don't own a Pinnacle, but a good friend of mine does and that thing is rugged. He's put it through some tight spots and it's still holding up after several hundred dives. You can't go wrong with one of those. And my LDS currently has them on sale with free shipping - Pinnacle Evo 2.

Yea, I've heard that they are rugged as hell, while still being relatively light. I originally wanted a crushed neoprene suit, but I don't like how they are somewhat heavier (especially when wet) and fit a little tighter. (It doesn't help that I'm a little tubby either :doh2: )

Especially considering price, I'm definitely leaning toward the Evo2.

Back
Top Bottom