Things to do in West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
As a stop on the way to Key Largo, we are staying two days in West Palm.

We plan on diving Blue Heron on sunday, but the high tide is at 2:51.

Any recommendations on stuff to do around there - museums and such. Will have wife and 17 year old daughter.

I have to kill about 4 hours Sunday AM.

Monday am plan to drive down to the diving museum in travenier to kill time before check in.

As a stop on the way to Key Largo, we are staying two days in West Palm.

We plan on diving Blue Heron on sunday, but the high tide is at 2:51.

Any recommendations on stuff to do around there - museums and such. Will have wife and 17 year old daughter.

I have to kill about 4 hours Sunday AM.

Monday am plan to drive down to the diving museum in travenier to kill time before check in.

In WPB Palm Beach Island is beautiful and interesting

Flagler Museum on Palm Beach Island

Rent bikes and ride the beautiful intracoastal trail on Palm Beach Island (a/k/a Lake trail). If you do, ride to the north end dock where you look over the water to Singer Island and Blue Heron Bridge

Worth Avenue (Palm Beach Island)

More interesting places in Delray Beach

If high tide is at 2:51...you will need to be there at 1:30 pm for a parking spot (!).

On a Sunday with High Tide at 2:51 PM I would show up at 11 AM or earlier to find a parking spot, otherwise you will not find one! Remember you can enter the water between 1 and 1.5 hours before high tide, that means between 1:21 and 1:51 people will be entering the water.

Thanks for all the replies! I am digging the museum idea.

I dove BHB earlier this year - and got there 3 hours early and was very glad. Got a parking spot right by they bridge.

When we got out - we could have sold our space, folks were hawking us, but there was a very nice woman with young kids that I told her just wait a second and let us change, and she got her key spot.

JJ

I second the Loggerhead Marine Life Center in Juno. Call ahead and try to schedule a tour. It's worth the $20.

The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary in Jupiter is a fun place to stop in to see some Florida Panthers

You could try fishing off the Juno Beach Pier as well or just walk the beaches around there.

The Jupiter Lighthouse is also a fun way to kill some time.

If you have a car you can do the Lion Country Safari (Lion Country Safari | Home of the Drive-Through Safari Adventure!)

On a Sunday with High Tide at 2:51 PM I would show up at 11 AM or earlier to find a parking spot, otherwise you will not find one! Remember you can enter the water between 1 and 1.5 hours before high tide, that means between 1:21 and 1:51 people will be entering the water.

Thanks for all the replies! I am digging the museum idea.

I dove BHB earlier this year - and got there 3 hours early and was very glad. Got a parking spot right by they bridge.

When we got out - we could have sold our space, folks were hawking us, but there was a very nice woman with young kids that I told her just wait a second and let us change, and she got her key spot.

JJ

This photo was from this past Sunday 2/28/21 at 6:53 am. High tide was 8:53 am. The entire section next to the beach was already full and the spots moving away from the beach were filling fast. By the time I got in the entire parking lot was 80% full. When I got out the parking lot was 100% full as it was a pretty Sunday and the beach goers were now arriving. I probably could have sold my spot for $20 if I'd tried.

BHB 28Feb2021 653 am 2 hrs before high tide.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom