Things To Do After Morning Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2. Horribly drunk cruisers- add points for the degree of sunburn, more points for drinking a plastic yard of gasoline flavored Margarita, even more points for a balloon hat, and the ultimate drunk cruiser one flip flop, neon white butt crack or boob showing, being helped along singing Born in the USA, and wearing a 3 foot sombrero (because they popped their Ballon hat) with sparkly large letters that say MEXICO.

The funniest part about the drunk cruisers is that some of the balloon hats they wear can be quite phallic.

I suddenly have an overwhelming desire to drink a Bohemia Obscura even though I've never had one.

I bought a 6 pack of Obscura just yesterday in prep for my trip in a month. Excellent Mexican style pilsner.

You could rent a bicycle or scooter and explore the island.

You could rent a bicycle or scooter and explore the island.
Please, no scooter unless you have one of your own and know how to handle it when things go pear shaped. Scooter renters are frequent guests of Cozumel emergency rooms. Scooters, inexperienced scooter drivers, alcohol, unfamiliar traffic norms, piles of sand on the pavement, etc. add up to a lot of ruined vacations and even a few fatal injuries. My dentist of many years was killed on a rented moto in Mexico.

Neither my wife and friend could remember the name of the chocolate making place. My wife said it was less than a ten minute from the Palmar condos, towards town.

IMG_3406.jpg

Please, no scooter

Amen to this. As you can probably tell from my profile photo, I am an avid motorcyclist. I have 20 years and many tens of thousands of miles of daily commuting through insane city and highway traffic under my belt. I have had many close calls and still haven't hung up my spurs. But I will never rent or ride a scooter in Cozumel when visiting. I'm already probably a bit loony just because I'm willing to take my chances in a rented VW bug.

I might consider it if I ever become a part time resident, but I'll be the guy riding around in a full face helmet and riding suit. Shorts / t-shirt / flip flops? No freaking way.

Just don't! Skin grafts suck.

@jbark
I am guessing you may mean the Sazon de Camaron, not the Sabor de Camaron (can’t get accent to come up on o in Sazon). Assuming you are talking about the restaurant on Juarez at corner of 55 across 55 from Casa Mission.

I had the breaded shrimp tacos with Chipotle sauce yesterday. Been my go to lunch place for a decade now if I am in mood for shrimp (not open at night unless something has changed )

Yes, Charlie you are absolutely correct. Thanks for noticing. The chipotle sauce is very good on the ceviche tacos too!

Had a nice michelada there too.
Cheers!

I don't care if this has been said 37 times...

Nap.

Amen to this. As you can probably tell from my profile photo, I am an avid motorcyclist. I have 20 years and many tens of thousands of miles of daily commuting through insane city and highway traffic under my belt. I have had many close calls and still haven't hung up my spurs. But I will never rent or ride a scooter in Cozumel when visiting. I'm already probably a bit loony just because I'm willing to take my chances in a rented VW bug.

I'm an avid motorcyclist too and I did rent a scooter when I was in Cozumel in December. I didn't find the traffic to be too bad. Outside of the city there was little traffic.

If you DO get a scooter, they will only take cash for gas. I tried to get gas with a card and couldn't do it. I had to find an ATM. Also, there is a bicycle path that runs the entire west side of the island, and one that runs a good amount on the east side. South of the city I was told it was ok for scooters to be on it, and I saw a lot of scooters and cars. I got pulled over and shaken down for the money in my wallet, which was $27.

The Mayan ruins were nice for a day trip. It's a lot of walking so if you're tired after a couple of dives it might not be the best. They only took cash too when we were there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom