Thief smashing and grabbing at breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob Wilks

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Sorry to post that myself and a Coast Guard officer had our vehicles vandalized and burglarized at the breakwater this afternoon. The D-bags took a lot of my property. Be careful and mindful. If you catch this schmuck, please call the Monterey police. They were fast and mobile, so spread the word. Thieves are cowards....

Sorry to post that myself and a Coast Guard officer had our vehicles vandalized and burglarized at the breakwater this afternoon. The D-bags took a lot of my property. Be careful and mindful. If you catch this schmuck, please call the Monterey police. They were fast and mobile, so spread the word. Thieves are cowards....
Wow! This virus has even spread to Monterey, how sad.
Probably local tweekers, out of their minds and desperate.
Was there anyone around who witnessed it?

Wow! Sorry to hear. Were they after dive gear? Getaway car?

We get a lot of car break ins in SF and even in the parking lot at my work. I’ve been a part of many park police calls for customers so am very curious about the details.

Some years ago an unnamed friend drove into the parking lot at Scotsman cove (Now Reef Point) In OC ,SoCal.

He parked and with out getting out went to the back of his van began undressing from his street clothes into wet suit. He was in his bathing suit when he heard a disturbance near the front of the van.

In a nano second a stranger appeared in the front seat and with out looking towards the back of the van began rifling through the divers possessions in the front seat . He made a mistake of stickling his head into the back were a 6-4 hunk of a man was waiting with a ham sized fist.

He was immediately tossed out on to the ground and since he was "resisting " was given a lesson in parking lot vigilantly justice. I was not there but I have a strong suspicion he was happy to see the police arrive and take him in to custody

No more problems at Scotsman

I hope you have the same success at the breakwater

Sam Miller, III

I AM REALLY IRRITATED !

SO IRRTATED I POSTED TWICE !!!

I CANT STAND THIEVES !!!!!

Some years ago an unnamed friend drove into the parking lot at Scotsman cove (Now Reef Point) In OC ,SoCal.

He parked and with out getting out went to the back of his van began undressing from his street clothes into wet suit. He was in his bathing suit when he heard a disturbance near the front of the van.

In a nano second a stranger appeared in the front seat and with out looking towards the back of the van began rifling through the divers possessions in the front seat . He made a mistake of stickling his head into the back were a 6-4 hunk of a man was waiting with a ham sized fist.

He was immediately tossed out on to the ground and since he was "resisting " was given a lesson in parking lot vigilantly justice. I was not there but I have a strong suspicion he was happy to see the police arrive and take him in to custody

No more problems at Scotsman

I hope you have the same success at the breakwater

Sam Miller, III

I made the stupid mistake of leaving a full set of gear in the back of my truck about 4 years ago at breakwater and they got BCD, Regs, mask and fins. Took me while to buy new gear.

Your gear is prob going to a flea market. Maybe Craigs or a pawn shop. Police need to set up a bait SUV full of dive gear. Taser, taser, taser ...

This is a tough thing to combat. once you arrive for a boat or for a shore dive you are usually waiting around a while getting coffee etc. only takes a minute to lose it all. Of course if you are diving you have all your gear with you but man. I would go ape if i lost my new titanium reg , shearwater A.I. computer and new bcd. I could never replace the gear i bought.

frightening scenario

after hearing this i will now take my backpack whenever i leave my car, itll fit my computers, reg, and bcd easily. i have a compact bcd.

im never leaving expensive stuff in vehicle again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom