Thermalution yellow heating module

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

Dyve4fun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've stopped using my thermalution yellow heated vest because of the pain and bruising caused by the red heating module digging into my lower backbone. I use a wing and aluminum backplate, and already have a thick pad (cut from a full Hollis backplate pad) strapped to the waist webbing to keep the bottom of the backplate from bruising my lower back. This works great!

I've considered swapping the aluminum backplate for a soft backplate (if there is one?? and if this would solve the problem) or adding some more padding between me and the heating module (under the vest). Has anyone had this problem and can offer solution?

Attachments

• IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 53
I didn't have this problem but I do have a soft back BCD (Zeagle express tech). perhaps the extra padding is pushing the red plastic further into your back?

I didn't have this problem but I do have a soft back BCD (Zeagle express tech). perhaps the extra padding is pushing the red plastic further into your back?
that is very possible. I need to experiment in the pool with different configurations. Thanks for the suggestion!

Adjust the location, padding helps a tiny bit but if a little doesn't work, move it around.

Just turn it around. Have the red disk and heating element in the front. It's a lycra vest so it fits both ways.

I've stopped using my thermalution yellow heated vest because of the pain and bruising caused by the red heating module digging into my lower backbone. I use a wing and aluminum backplate, and already have a thick pad (cut from a full Hollis backplate pad) strapped to the waist webbing to keep the bottom of the backplate from bruising my lower back. This works great!

I've considered swapping the aluminum backplate for a soft backplate (if there is one?? and if this would solve the problem) or adding some more padding between me and the heating module (under the vest). Has anyone had this problem and can offer solution?
You wouldn't have a remote for sale would you? Mine just broke and I can't get another....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom