Thermal tops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an existing Lavacore thermal hooded vest, but useage means that it's worn a hole in the back of it from rubbing up against my wetsuit zipper over time. It's served me well, but needs replacing fairly soon.

Thoughts on different brands?

Easiest to purchase in Australia are: Lavacore, Sharkskin, or Frogskin (made by Probe). Open to other suggestions though.

Effectively being purchased to wear under a 3/2 wetsuit for diving, and also on its own for surfing and other surface watersports.

Appreciate feedback :)

Edit: Anyone know how the sizing runs on the tops? Looking at the size charts for the Frogskin unisex hooded vest, and the XS still looks too big for me :(

Last edited:
Forgot to mention - when you are over here do you want to try it out at ammo? It's a medium I acquired from a skipper but it works awesome - welcome to try before you buy :)

These things?

I did stumble across them yesterday during my Google-fu, but I was looking for one that was long sleeved with a hood. They don't seem to make them in that style.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom