There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I always get the error message: "There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss." at the top of the screen on SB and whenever I navigate through SB or press a link. What is this message about please?

Screen capture below:

upload_2018-7-14_23-38-17.png

The error message is present at the top of this screen as I type this post:

upload_2018-7-14_23-39-13.png

Yeah, me too. In fact, it is always there just under the site map. I think it's a fishing attempt. I did click on it once and it took me to a page to enter my password for facebook. I did not do that.

I've just rashly assumed the web site wanted to do something, and my security settings (high) blocked it. These days? An awful lot of web sites, or the ads they blithely carry, are up to mischief and I am happy to rashly block it all.

The site has built-in social media integration. When you open your account, there is an option to publish your activity here to FB, Twitter etc etc. If you change your FB password for example then you will get this message.

@BurhanMuntasser I have looked through your profile, I can't find where to de-activate the social side. The message in itself won't have any effect on anything, hopefully someone with more Xenforo know-how than me will be able to help.

Paging @diversteve

I always get the error message: "There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss." at the top of the screen on SB and whenever I navigate through SB or press a link. What is this message about please?

Screen capture below:

View attachment 469028

The error message is present at the top of this screen as I type this post:

View attachment 469029

The word "dismiss" is a hyperlink. I clicked it, left the Board, and then came back, and the message has disappeared.

So far.

"The site has built-in social media integration. "
So it is using supercookies or some other tracking skullduggery, and politely complaining when forum members have those shut out.
There are a number of ways that FB and others can track where their members have been, via third-party data gathered from the members. Some of them even try to identify anonymized users by tracking the screen resolution, the OS, and the installed fonts on every computer that visits them, without "implanting" anything. And they do surprisingly well with that.

Thank you guys for your help!!

I know that it isn't a major issue since it has been there for a very long time (since the new software was installed). I just hate error messages that I can't fix or understand even if they don't effect anything else.

I don't have my SB account or want to connected to my FB or other social media accounts. I keep everything separate :)

"The site has built-in social media integration. "
So it is using supercookies or some other tracking skullduggery, and politely complaining when forum members have those shut out.
There are a number of ways that FB and others can track where their members have been, via third-party data gathered from the members. Some of them even try to identify anonymized users by tracking the screen resolution, the OS, and the installed fonts on every computer that visits them, without "implanting" anything. And they do surprisingly well with that.
No it does not have supercookies etc. It will allow you to share your posts here to YOUR other social media IF you have set them up in your account and YOU have specified what to do, when.

That’s why Burhan and others were getting a message, because it’s not covert.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom