Thefts at Dutch Springs PA (Bethlehem)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmorForTheOcean

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have only been diving at Dutch during the 2017 season and I have had two things stolen there - a computer puck, and some fin shapers.
Just this past weekend, someone "lost" a GoPro but likely had it stolen.

I keep hearing about how things are safe at Dutch, and yet that has not been my experience.
I mark my equipment, so it's not a mistaken equipment thing.

Anyone else have things stolen at Dutch?

This isn't about Dutch Springs, or any other place where people dive.

It's about people carelessly leaving valuable items where dishonest people find them and take them.

It can happen anywhere, any time.

I have never seen anything stolen on a dive boat. I have left a few things behind, and gotten them all back with one exception that cannot be attributed to theft. One of those things was a Trimix analyzer, which I have actually gotten back twice (a long story I don't want to tell in public). Those things are not cheap.

YMMV, but I lock up stuff I'm not using that I care about at Dutch, though I have not been there in a few years. I hear the same sorts of things about other places, though, so I don't think it's any worse there.

Just my 2 PSI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom