"The Wreck of The Mary Deare", 1959 in color

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Jastrzebski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No one mentioned this movie so I better do.

You got Gary Cooper and Charlton Heston doing scuba in the movie.
It isn't really a "diving" movie, it is primarily a maritime story/courtroom drama but diving play a tiny part here to bring the story to its climax. Alfred Hitchcock was supposed to direct the movie but he was steered towards "North by Northwest" instead. The movie has been totally underappreciated and for me it is one of the best movies I have ever seen, gave me the final encouragement to get certified. Not an easy movie to find and once I spotted it on Comcast I bought it.

No one mentioned this movie so I better do.

You got Gary Cooper and Charlton Heston doing scuba in the movie.
It isn't really a "diving" movie, it is primarily a maritime story/courtroom drama but diving play a tiny part here to bring the story to its climax. Alfred Hitchcock was supposed to direct the movie but he was steered towards "North by Northwest" instead. The movie has been totally underappreciated and for me it is one of the best movies I have ever seen, gave me the final encouragement to get certified. Not an easy movie to find and once I spotted it on Comcast I bought it.

I love that movie and it also has a very young Richard Harris in the cast.

Another one I enjoyed in that category was Wake of the Red Witch with John Wayne. I saw Mary Deare on TMC about 3 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom