The two BEST dives!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yesterday was fan-tab-ulous! I need to post a whole "trip report" about this one site we found and loved so much we swapped tanks and dropped right back in! Can I do this? And if so, do I need to post each photo in a separate message?

Anyway, as a teaser - how about sea snakes so close that I couldn't get pictures? Here's one that worked...

You look like you were pretty close on that shot. Is it one of your non-venomous creratures?

Gilligan:
You look like you were pretty close on that shot. Is it one of your non-venomous creratures?

LOL - it is an olive sea snake, the most venomous of the sea snakes. Luckily for us, they are harmless to divers and I love them to bits! They are super curious and will happily wrap around fins, legs, arms, necks, camera gear etc. To remove, gently scoop em up (don't squeeze or restrict them) and push em off - it doesn't always work as they tend to come back. I usually just keep diving and let them get bored. In this shot he was actually farther away than usual on yesterday's dive - just about arm distance.

Yesterday I was laying on the sand, fiddling with the manual controls and strobe when I felt a flick on my wrist. Thought it was the strap of my wrist computer come loose so didn't think much about it and finished what I was doing. Then I looked up and almost died laughing...an olive had come down over my right shoulder, under my chin and down my left arm and was idiotically bumping its head against my computer! Man, I laughed so hard I almost drowned! I scooped and pushed, but he continued to wrap around me - finally had to scull with my hands as he was intertwined with my fins and I didn't want to hurt him. Oh so many sea snake stories from just yesterday's dives!!

BTW - I did my first "mandrake" on an image this morning and even I can do it! Thanks so much for making this process idiot-proof :)

Cool photo!

You can add up to 5 attachments in each post.

alcina, why do you say they are harmless to divers? i'll be honest about it, if one got on me like it did you i would have to buy a new wetsuit because i'm sure i couldnt get the smell out of it. LOL, that is if i didnt die from a heart attack.

thanks,
steve

Dee - five attachments totalling the max or each the max? I guess I am confused!

DMSteve - they are too cute to be afraid of...think of them as dumb puppies.

Here are a group of three of the five that were buggin' me. Only got one shot with all their heads as they were constantly on the move. See the one on the left with the bulges? That's the fish he just choked down (I have a picture of him eating, too). What a greedy guts.

Used "mandrake" on this image, but probably still need to play. It will never be a poster, but I am keeping it as an "action" shot!

I *think* it's five, each the max. But since I'm going on memory of the features, I guess you'll just have to test it to be sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom