The Time Traveller's Wife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
Stop the clock! I've found a new book to top my list of all time favourites. After a supreme reign of seven years Life of Pi has finally met its match.

The Time Traveller's Wife, what a wonderful book this was! It prickled my sense of fantasy and fiction while simultaneously it is emotionally powerful enough to move a grown man to tears.

Who's read it? I see there's a movie of the book coming out in December. I can't wait. As is often the case with movies of good books I may well end up being disappointed but I'm looking forward to it all the same.

My favorite book of all time. I cried like a baby when -blank- died :(

(don't want to give it away)

I don't know if I'll see the movie...always ruins it for me.

really??? i read it and was left very much unsatisfied by the ending.. but i still enjoyed reading it

maybe thats the sign of a good book, when you finish you want more

Courtney for a real tear jerker read my Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult :crying:

OT but my best friend lives in Sydney! :) She just left and I can't afford to visit her.

A really sad book is "Harvesting the Heart" which is by Jodi as well, I think.

really??? i read it and was left very much unsatisfied by the ending.. but i still enjoyed reading it

maybe thats the sign of a good book, when you finish you want more

Courtney for a real tear jerker read my Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult :crying:

Ummm, I am with Almity. I read it and well while it was pretty decent the end was well.... A bit of a letdown. For me it left something to be desired?

Favorite book ever is still Atlas Shrugged. I read bits of it from time to time...

First time I read Life of Pi, I hated it. I had to take a break before I could finish it the whole thing. Fast forward a couple of years later and I read it again, and WOW, the book just clicked. I do agree, it's good reading.

thanks for the recommendation, it looks interesting. I'll definitely check it out.

Back
Top Bottom