http://www.diveheart.org/

"The search for the Wreck of the Thestis" by Achim Schlöffel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zai.gezundt

Contributor
Reaction score
From The search for the Wreck of the Thestis, organized by Achim Schloeffel
1898 a Danish gentleman named Thorn, sold all of his belongings and bought a sailing vessel that he named after the sea nymph “Thestis”. He left his hometown “Holstebro” ” in the West of Denmark on the 14th of April 1899.
Thestis sank 1904 in the Mediterranean. I have researched this case for more then 10 years and I'm pretty sure I found it.
Follow me on the adventure that I will share in a video series with you.
From the initial story of Bjarne Thorn, his dreams and his decision to leave his home to explore the world, over his 5 year journey and how I learned about the story. To the years of research, the lucky incident that led me to the final puzzle piece and the first idea of where to search - the legal battles I fought and finally come with me on the expedition - watch me getting out on the water and find it - and finally dive it.
Be part of an adventure that allows you to look back in history and allows you to explore with me where no one has gone before.
Thanks for your support!
Sincerely Yours
Achim
Previous project:

Pretty crazy, he didn't even jump when he saw the skull.

Attachments

• skull.png
    skull.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 110
Wow I thought this was a very cool video. I don't agree with all the things that this guy says in some of his videos, but this video shows (to me anyway) that he is a pretty hard core diver. I would have screamed like a little girl, if I stumbled upon a skull sticking out of the mud like that.

To be honest, I have neither the skills nor the balls to even enter a wreck that tight, deep and dirty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom