The Scubapro MK17 vs. the TUSA R-700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Does anyone know what the differences are between the SP MK17 and the TUSA R-700 first stages and if their respective service kits are interchangeable between the two?

Also, what is the SP (or SubGear) equivalent of the TUSA S-90 second stage?

TUSA | Regulators | RS-790

I own the Tusa RS790 and service it with Scubapro kits. The first stage (R700) is identical to a MK17. Three second stage (s90) is basically a s550 all parts are interchangeable with the exception of Tusa marked trim pieces and purge cover.

While I don’t know personally since I’ve never seen the TUSA in person I have been told the they take the same service kit as the MK 17.

The hose routing looks unique, sort of a hybrid with the old style MK 17 HP angle and the 17EVO LP configuration.

No idea on the second stage.

Three second stage (s90) is basically a s550 all parts are interchangeable with the exception of Tusa marked trim pieces and purge cover.

The S90 takes the S550 service kit no problem?

While I don’t know personally since I’ve never seen the TUSA in person I have been told the they take the same service kit as the MK 17.

The hose routing looks unique, sort of a hybrid with the old style MK 17 HP angle and the 17EVO LP configuration.

No idea on the second stage.
Let me modify this, the TUSA hose routing is just like the pre-EVO MK17

The S90 takes the S550 service kit no problem?

yeah I’d have to find the part number but it’s the same kit that Scubapro uses for the For all “S” model second stages.

yeah I’d have to find the part number but it’s the same kit that Scubapro uses for the For all “S” model second stages.

This one:

11.254.045 S360/S560/S555/600/G250HP/BAL.ADJ/CLASSIC

?

Yeah, universal kit. Depending on the stage being repaired, you will have a couple pieces left over...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom