The Return of the Lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyki

Reaction score
Oh my, just used the search button and realized it has been forever since Tyki posted.

My husband and I began our trek into diving last March as an anniversary gift to each other. It took us from March until July to complete our Open Water Certification, but we had fun along the way.

Our first open water dives were in Fort Lauderdale and we finished our certification in Gilboa Lake in Ohio in late July. In August we got a bit adventurous and did our first dive post certification without a divemaster in Lake Cumberland. It was wonderful to explore a familiar lake in a brand new way with my favoritest partner.

We had hoped to take a trip to the Florida Keys with our local dive shop for Christmas, but the key people for the trip had some medical emergencies that caused the trip to be cancelled. So hubby and I called our good friends at Pro Dive in Ft Lauderdale and arranged for 2 days of diving while we were in Florida to visit family.

For Christmas, my parents got us an underwater camera, nothing fancy or extravagant, but something we can capture some memories with. Pro Dive required us to have a Dive Master with us on the first dive (certainly no complaints from us) because the dive location was 75 feet, which was deeper than any of our previous dives. Dive 2 on Day one was our first ocean dive without a divemaster, it was so fabulous gliding along among the coral and fishes hand in hand with hubby. Day 2 we decided it had been so much fun just diving to enjoy ourselves, that we repeated the experience, only this time we took the camera along with us. The pictures weren't the greatest, but we did get some good shots and wowed the family with what it is we see when we are down below.

This weekend will be the anniversary of when we first started learning to dive. We have approximately 12 dives under our belts and hubby stopped at the dive shop last night to get a schedule of the dive trips planned for this year so we can start developing a plan for our dive training and playing for this year.

I will try to be a bit more regular on the boards, but wanted to stop in and say hello this morning.

Tyki
ready to blow some more bubbles

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. My wife doesn't dive nor do I wish to push her into it, but she is going to try again. She has ashmah(sp) and we have been in contact with the YMCA Scuba medical adviser and she has been doing some test to see if it has gotten better. So far so good.

But anyways I hope you two continue your dive training and contiune to enjoy one of the best things in the world together.

;-0
I wanna dive Florida....
I froze my butt off yesterday....

BTW congratulations on your upcoming officialcertifiedscubadiver anniversary!
:D

I can relate to your enjoyment of sharing the dive with your signifigant other. My wife and I (going on 9 months!) met the night before the OW class started. We both fell in love with diving, and despite the stress of an intense 3 day cert. class, fell in love with eachother!:1st:
Glad you had a good dive :)

Hi From Kingston Ontario Canada..
Welcome to the SCUBA Board. Hope you enjoy the forum. Don't be afraid to ask Questions or to do Posts..
Hope all your days are wet ones.. or dry.. depending on how you dive..

Welcome back...and Happy Anniversary!

welcome back to the board and hope to hear some good dive experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom