The perfect home sized compressor has been discontinued!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcontrera

Contributor
Reaction score
The MCH13 8.9 SCFM compressor is the perfect size for the serious diver or anyone that wants to pump up banks. I know that there are several US folks that have been thinking about getting the MCH13 compressor for their home but have been on the fence. We got word from Coltri in Italy that they have quit building the MCH13 block. Now, if wanting an equivalent compressor, it will be a MCH16 with a smaller, slower motor. However, that means a few hundred dollars more.

As of today, we have only 8 of the MCH13 blocks left and when they are gone, they are GONE!

This isn't a sales push ... just a warning for those of you that are sitting on the fence.

Ray, I've never scene or heard of one outside of a sales brochure, but do 13/16 with water cooled interstages exist?

We have a couple of add on coolers that are used primarily by our yacht customers but also by a couple of our tropical customers. They are 6000 psi and are either 1/4" tubing or 3/8" tubing and there is also a three stage stainless steel cooler.
seawater-cooler.jpg

hp-heat-exchanger.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any more of the MCH13 compressors left?

As of today, we have four of the MCH13 bodies left.

What does a MCH13 sell for with a single phase electric motor?
How many amps does this motor take to run?
Does it come with auto drains?
Does it come with filtration?
Does it come with auto stop when it reaches a pre-set PSI?

What does a MCH13 sell for with a single phase electric motor?
How many amps does this motor take to run?
Does it come with auto drains?
Does it come with filtration?
Does it come with auto stop when it reaches a pre-set PSI?
Great questions.

All of which are answered on the linked webpage in the OP's signature.
Tanks.

Right now, the MCH13 draws 28 amps while running at load. I'm not sure what the new motors are going to draw. If you are asking what size wire and breaker to use, you really need to consult with your electrician and local codes to be safe.

Since we put together the system the way you want it, the price will range from about $7500 on up. Each option carries a dollar value. From your description, it looks like you are looking at what I call the BDS ... Best Deal System. It is currently at $9415.90 and has:
5000 PSI Max Pressure
Grade E Breathing Air Filtration
2 Fill Whips with choice of Yoke or DIN fillers
Compact Frame
Stainless Steel Intercoolers
Motor Starter
Automatic Condensate Drains
Pressure Switch (auto stop)
Hour Meter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom