The Palms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very reputable place, just south of town. Never heard a bad word about it.

I stayed at Ramon's right next to the Palm's and every night when I'd walk past it to go into town, I wished I was staying there. It looked really nice and well kept. Not much of a beach though. It's only a 10-15 min walk down the beach to town. Lots of good restaurants to try. If you are into ice cream go to Manelly's. We went there every night because my roomie had to have their coconut ice cream.

The diving was ok. Some nice dives and some so-so dives. We used the dive op out of Ramon's. If you use them, I would recommend a DM named Luis Libra who was very good. I also highly recommend going out to the Turneffe Elbow. I went to the Blue Hole which is a long ride, but the diving at the BH was something very different. It felt very prehistoric. Not sure I would do it again, but I did enjoy it. The dives afterward, Half Moon Cay and Long Cay were the best sites of the week. Lots of color and life. It made Ambergris seem very dull afterwards. All in all, it's a fun place to dive and explore for a week. One note, the surf can be very rough in the morning, making it difficult for the boats to get out past the reef. It will usually calm down later in the morning. Also, try snorkeling out in front of Ramon's. I was the only person to see a Spotted Eagle Ray that week, and I saw it snorkeling. They are known to frequently swim past the beach going from left to right. Have fun!

dd

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom