The obligatory name change poll

Like the name RUN DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I like it, but I'm not a DMC, so likely don't matter that much in the grand scheme of things... having used a DMC from time to time, I'll get to hear it again whether you keep it as a name or not. ;-)

I like the name- it has a certain old school hipness to it.

Of course, DMC might be considered agency specific and "Going Pro" is much more informative for those who aren't Down with the King :D

I like "Going Pro....a forum for entry level professionals."

RUN DMC, while obviously having a connection to early Hip Hop...to me has negative connotations in that it implies a level of professional hazing one could expect when progressing through the ranks. IMHO, of course....:14:

Going Pro. . . first stop, DiveMaster!

My 0.02,

T

I don't even know what RUN DMC references. I am in the dark. Someone, enlighten me!

Run DMC is an old school rap band from the 80's. Some of their hits include King of Rock, It's Tricky, Beats to the Rhyme, You be Illin', Christmas in Hollis, and Walk this Way with Aerosmith. They also had the first rap video on MTV.

Run DMC

What's in a name...

I don't see any significant problem with the current name, even like the bit of humor it brings... eventually it *might* frustrate others googling the musical group

Heck, I am still elated about the forum getting created!

Who really cares about the name?

I just hope the content speaks for itself!

Not ever really listeing too Run DMC, the play on the name is, Run Dive Master cantidate, Run!! A reality that all new to the pro scene will encounter, no matter which certifying agency you are pursuing! I'm not going PADI, for reasons of my own, but, thought Run DMC was a sensible name, considering the circumstances. If certian people are concerned that the agency they are pursuing, does not call the Dive Master trainee a "DMC", maybe they are putting too much in a name. If someone called you a $h!t head, it doesn't mean your cranium is made of cocka! IMO
Besides that, what is in a name? Have a little humor.:rofl3:

Dive safe/Train hard,
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom