The new OrcaTorch D530 dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I had a chance to use my new OrcaTorch dive lights this past weekend. Lake Superior was 34 degrees at the time and the air was just a little cooler than that. Full disclosure. I was given these lights to test, but so far I am very impressed. Let me know what you think. I appreciate the feedback.

Does the voltage sensing light at the switch consume energy when the light is off? I have seen other lights do that, which means the light kills the battery when it is being stored.

Does the voltage sensing light at the switch consume energy when the light is off? I have seen other lights do that, which means the light kills the battery when it is being stored.

@johndiver999, it will not consume energy when the light is off. No worry

Evidently it does not, even so, I always remove my batteries from my lights and other electronics. Good habit to get in to.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don, sorry, it is our fault to have the scubaboard staff move the post here. We will have them move it out.

No problem, I just want the post to be where it is most visible to anyone considering a new light. I will continue to post reviews under the general 'lights' thread until directed to do otherwise.

Thanks,

DD

@deverdon, where did you order your light from?

@deverdon, where did you order your light from?

There are a few places to get OT lights and I've provided links in the YouTube notes of the video.
This particular light isn't available for purchase yet. I received it directly from the folks at Orcatorch to test.
Thanks,

DD

Back
Top Bottom