The Mermaid liveaboard from Bali to Komodo and back and COVID-19.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So doing a week in Bali and then going on this liveaboard is on my short bucket list.

I was wondering if anyone would post their experiences with this operation when considering all of the COVID-19 mess that is going on.

If would be good to know how they handled things.

Thank you.

I did it in August 2014 on Mermaid 1, Bali-Komodo-Bali in 10D/9N. Highly recommended.

Took a 2-week vacation for this trip. Flew to Bali, spent 4 days of diving safari in Bali, starting from Menjangan (NW Bali), going east to Tulamben, south to Padangbai & Nusa Penida, before boarding the Mermaid 1 in Benoa. Saw 9 Mola Mola the morning diving in Nusa Penida before boarding Mermaid 1 in that same afternoon. :D

I have researched and concluded this was the one to use.
I was wondering what people's experiences were with them considering COVID-19.

We also did this trip and loved it. It was way nicer chilling on deck smiling past the Gili Island and Lombok, than queueing up in an Indonesian airport as spending the night somewhere near the post. It was the best LOB we have been on, really excellent food, very organized and just fantastic.

All the Lobs stopped in March, no diving has taken place on Indonesia since then.

There is a stream listing all the resolutions from cancelled/rescheduled trips. I believe these guys are coming out of it looking good.. can’t remember the exact policy, but I haven’t cancelled my trip with them next year, which probably means it was a fair resolution for others :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom