The math behind Haldane, Buhlmann, RGBM, and VPM algorithms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was interested in this so I looked around the web and ended up creating an excel spreadsheet which did deco calculations for trimix using zhl-16 and gf. I can dig it out if people want it and do a quick write up on how it works.

I'd like to see it.
Later,
John
I was interested in this so I looked around the web and ended up creating an excel spreadsheet which did deco calculations for trimix using zhl-16 and gf. I can dig it out if people want it and do a quick write up on how it works.

So the computer my spreadsheet was on has finally died so i'm waiting on an enclosure for the drive i've taken out of it. I did however find the website i used to make it which is this: DIY DECOMPRESSION I grabbed the half lives of the various compartments from a paper somewhere i can't find and plugged it into a spreadsheet. It's pretty simple once you get you're head round it and just goes to show how much of a scam it is to make customers pay so much extra for trimix capability!

I am good with math but not as what you think, so my point is, just ask someone in you local region to acquire a more detailed info or google it.

If you search TDS you can find the source code for a few hand written projects. I would think that source code is more clear than any book, but I hate reading and program for a living

I picked up Mark Powell : Deco for Divers off Amazon.com.

Holy crap! A wealth of information.

I dare say, by the time I reach the phase in which I choose which decompression model to trust my life to, I will be decently informed about all of them. It's all written in plain and simple english as well.

It's a great book. I'm looking forward to a 2nd edition--there are a few typos. The section of the O2 window made me scratch my head for a bit.

The section of the O2 window made me scratch my head for a bit.

That whole concept has a lot of people scratching their heads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom