The 'Jascon 4' rescue video - 3 days at 30m and lived!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
First: Apologies, I couldn't decide which forum this was best placed within - but I think that many will enjoy watching it.

Three days after the sinking of the tug 'Jascon 4', off the Nigerian coast, a commercial diver enters the wreck to recover bodies. He finds a survivor (3 days at 30m)... the reactions are priceless.This is real life drama better than any movie!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=51e_1385934620&use_old_player=1

Background, full story and interviews here: Amazing Rescue Diving Video

Last edited by a moderator:
great video, thanks for posting.

I am wondering though, sounds like a lot of helium for a 30m dive

Notwithstanding the tragedy, what a Discover Scuba experience!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!

i would probably crap in my drysuit when his hand came out of nowhere. That was amazing!!!! i can't believe he was able to survive that.

...I am wondering though, sounds like a lot of helium for a 30m dive

The divers were saturation divers and the operator was "probably" scrubbing CO2 from a closed loop at the surface to keep the cost of helium down (and give a much clearer head in that environment). Cave divers in FL will sometimes opt to dive 30/30 for WOB and a clearer head.

Back
Top Bottom