The Greater Tampa Bay Area take XV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Welcome home everyone. :D

As many of you know we recently suffered a hard drive crash. Many things were lost that were dated the end of May to about the last week in July. Tampa 14 was one of those things along with some of the threads on the best meet-n-greets :sad:

Also during this time we had a great, great, many new members to SB/The Greater Tampa Bay Area. To those new members; my personal apologies for you having to go through the sign-up process again but we appreciate that you have. :D We are certainly happy to have you here and apologize for any confusion during our down-time. Trust me, we weren't trying to lose you :) Well maybe one; YellowSub :rofl3: j/k Boone, we miss you.

Anyway, going forward a note to new members: This is a place where people from all over this area, or maybe just visiting, can get with some of us and do some diving. We used to spend a lot of time planning on this thread or discussing past, present, and future diving. However, with the advent of our new club forum, this has become more of a chat thread. Know that whatever we may be discussing, you are more than welcome to jump right in. :D

Lastly, I had posted this before the crash in order to assist in keeping all of us on the same page. Since it was lost as well, I will do my best to cover it again. If I missed something, let me know. So here is the fine print :wink:

1. Trips: All trips big or small go into the conch calendar thus giving everyone one place to go to see all happenings in the state. If they are interested in a particular gathering they can then go to the appropriate thread. I guess at the end of the year one could call it a memory type of thing. :)

2. Local private boat captains: It is understood you are not a charter company - open to just anyone. If you would like to post a trip for locals in your area you may post it in this forum only, if you so choose. It is understood that you will have gotten to know people through this forum thus having an idea of who will be joining you on your boat.

3. Chat threads that lead to a trip: If a discussion should lead to a planned trip, please ask a mod to either change the title on your thread or start a new thread with the trip details in the title. If it is a small local trip it may stay in this forum. However, if it should become larger, encompassing many areas outside of the Greater Bay and Surrounding Areas, please place it in the Main Trips & Marketplace forum.

4. Reviving old threads: Please do not revive old threads to post about an upcoming trip. The mods consider this spam and do not condone it as it leads to confusion.

Adeeba, deeba, deeba, I believe that is all folks! :bananalama: Now lets plan some diving, I am freaking at all the threads we lost since the opening of our forum. We need to fill it up again!

Givin my new thread WUZ UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WUUUZZUUUUP!!

nothin', drinkin' a beer, watchin' the board

Hey Divergirl, I am not messin' with that other thread but yes, a thread on our description. I was too busy earlier as I had to get ready for a party. I can start one tomorrow morning.

Narc, I will join you with a glass of wine.

Narcosis:
WUUUZZUUUUP!!

nothin', drinkin' a beer, watchin' the board

Did you fall asleep? :14:

GulfCoastDiver, both lil sis and I are good for going Tuesday :)

Anyone know anyone selling a couple 'AL80's? I need to think about getting lil some tanks thus saving some cash in the end.

Missdirected:
Did you fall asleep? :14:

GulfCoastDiver, both lil sis and I are good for going Tuesday :)

Anyone know anyone selling a couple 'AL80's? I need to think about getting lil some tanks thus saving some cash in the end.

You could have picked some up from Gulf Coast Diver but I beat you to them. :D :D

The Greater Tampa Bay Area Forum.
This is a place where you can find some of the most diverse divining in the state of Florida. We have it all from Gulf to springs and caves to rivers. We are a very active group of local divers so if you are just looking for information on dive sites or just a dive buddy jump right in, we welcome all.

Input please .....
KP

Divergirl4u:
The Greater Tampa Bay Area Forum.
This is a place where you can find some of the most diverse divining in the state of Florida. We have it all from Gulf to springs and caves to rivers. We are a very active group of local divers so if you are just looking for information on dive sites or just a dive buddy jump right in, we welcome all.

Input please .....
KP

Kim, this needs its own thread in this forum.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom